I use this recipe to make my chicken and turkey and it has never failed to make a tasty, tender juicy dish. When I am making this, I season very liberally but I will leave the amounts up to you for the spices and herbs.
7. Pour about 1/4 – 1/2 cup of water around the base of the chicken. This will end up mixing with the oil, garlic, spices and dripping from the chicken to form the gravy
8. Tent foil over the chicken and bake for approximately one hour
9. Take the chicken out of the oven and take the tented foil off. Baste chicken with the liquid that has formed at the bottom of the pan
10. Cook for another 30-60 minutes ~ basting every 10 minutes ~ until skin is crispy and meat thermometer, inserted into a thick part of the chicken, reaches appropriate temperature, approximately 170 degrees fahrenheit
11. Take out of the oven and let chicken sit approximately 10 – 15 minutes before cutting up. Serve with the natural gravy and you are good to go
Of course, what do I do with the leftover chicken? Make Chicken Salad of course. I pull the chicken off and tear into small pieces, mix with some parsley, tarragon, paprika and mayonnaise and it’s delicious for lunch or dinner!
If you have a great recipe to share, we would love to feature you and your recipe.
Come on over to our group and introduce yourself. You can post the recipe on the page or If you'd prefer to email us with the information, please send to:
My mission is to Educate, Empower and Elevate Savvy Women to step into their full potential and passion for health, wealth and happiness. I am a dietitian by trade but an entrepreneur in my heart, as well as a best-selling author and speaker who values authenticity, honesty and ethics while taking my message to the world and helping others shift from dependence to independence in all areas of their lives. I see my connections and relationships with others as a way to encourage, energize, and empower them to live up to their full potential.