Relationship Goals to Focus on (not in any particular order):
- Honesty – be honest but learn that there are some times and situations to keep your mouth shut. I had to laugh when my friends used the example of “how do I look in this?”
- Communication – Talk … sharing … communicating your needs. Work hard to be interested in what your spouse is interested in and act interested in what your partner is telling you. It is an awful feeling to speak to someone and you can tell they are not “listening” to you at all.
- Respect each other
- Friendship – be sure to do activities together. Work to find common interests.
- Romance – keep Romance in the relationship – try to always go on “dates”
- Stay Playful and be Passionate – in life and in the bedroom
- Keep Having Fun together
- Kindness and Consideration
- Don’t take anything for granted. SAY a heartfelt THANK YOU – this is important- show your appreciation.
- Laugh. Laugh a lot. and Laugh some more.
- Always remember what brought you together in the first place
- Admit to yourself you are not perfect and be open to self improvement and constructive criticism
- “Happy Wife … Happy Life”
- Be sure to give each other needed Space – either literally or figuratively
- When in doubt, compliment
- Most things that may annoy you really are not that important (you may have had a bad day) so don’t start sentences to your partner with YOU … take a breath and you just may want to try keeping your mouth shut